For immediate feedback about student understanding, we recommend the use of a student response system. Student response systems allow instructors to ask a question and track immediate responses from students.
Student response systems are often used to:
- Maintain students’ attention during a lecture
- Promote active student engagement
- Promote discussion and collaboration during a class
- Check for student understanding
- Teach in a way that adapts to the immediate learning needs of students
At Syracuse University, we support the TurningPoint student response system. TurningPoint allows instructors to:
- Gauge the comprehension in the classroom
- Administer a poll
- Help students review for an upcoming assessment
- Manage polling participants, content, session data, and generate reports
- Allow polling from hand-held clickers or web-enabled devices
- Integrate polling with PowerPoint presentations
Learn more about integrating TurningPoint into your classroom at answers.syr.edu.