Online Learning Services (OLS) is one of a handful of groups on the Syracuse University campus whose sole purpose is to support faculty. With a focus on teaching and learning outcomes, OLS consults with faculty to offer face to face and online resources in an effort to extend the traditional classroom or move classes online.
- December 17, 2014: How to Make the Most of a Video Introduction for an Online Course
- November 28, 2014: Using Social Media in the Classroom: Why There's A Lot to Like
- November 24, 2014: Maximize In-Class Time by Moving Student Presentations Online
- November 24, 2014: What We Can Learn from Unsuccessful Online Students
- December 9, 2013: Creative Uses for Pinterest's New Place Pins
- August 27, 2013: New Update to Blackboard Mobile Learn
- August 14, 2013: Grade Anywhere with Turnitin for iPad
- August 14, 2013: TurningPoint Training Seminars for Syracuse University
- July 8, 2013: 5 Reasons Working With Computers is Bad For You & How to Stay Healthy
- June 25, 2013: Ten Things I've Learned Teaching Online
- June 19, 2013: Maintaining Security on Blackboard Exams
- April 17, 2013: Should MOOCs be Considered a Competency-Based Learning Experiment?
- March 18, 2013: Summer Institute for Technology Enhanced Teaching and Learning - 2013
- February 6, 2013: Hiding in the Clouds: Great Classroom Tools
- January 13, 2013: Need Help with Technology But Don’t Know Where To Go?
- January 4, 2013: 10 New iOS 6 Settings You Should Know About
I found the summer institute very helpful and have been promoting whenever possible.
You guys are always ‘yep, we can do it… thanks’
Thank you so much for providing us with so much information and offering your help with Wiki and file transfer of Blackboard.
Thank you so much for the wonderful presentation! It was so helpful and useful – not only for the FLTAs but for all of us in attendance. You covered much material that we will all be able to use. I appreciate all the time and effort that went into the planning of the session and the creation of the Blackboard site – it will be very useful and convenient for everyone.
Thank you so much for all of your help and training. I feel so much better about using the new version of Blackboard now.
The seminar itself was well-run. The presenters involved the audience by asking us if anyone used these tools already, and what we use them for. This allowed the instructors to share their insights with one another. I have attended several presentations by this Blackboard crew, and I find them to be engaging, professional, and efficient.
Thanks for the phone call. I am impressed with your level of commitment.
Thank you for all of your help. I have LOVED doing the presentations online. It has really benefited both instructional time and student comprehension…it has been tremendous. THANK YOU FOR ALL of YOUR HELP!
Thank you for an excellent training session today. It was very helpful.
I’m really glad that I have someone to call in for tech instruction that is reliable, clear, straightforward, and even humor-infused.
Latest Online News
Read more »